Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sweet victory

Tonight I witnessed a thing of beauty.  You see, for a week now, I have been anticipating and dreaming about harvesting that first, perfect tomato.  Every morn, I have treked out to the garden and gently lifted my tomato vines and practically begged for a ripe tomato.  Specifically, I've been eyeing a pair of cherry tomatoes that have slowly gone from green to white and finally to yellow tinged with pink.  Oh the glory of it all!  Typically, I have ripe tomatoes by July 4th, but considering out constant state of either flooding or extreme drought, our season is all messed up.  Tonight as I gathered eggs, I saw yellow out of the corner of my eye.  Could it be?  I had an heirloom yellow plum tomato ripe.  This is the first year I've grown this variety, so I was particularly excited!!!  I also managed to find two ripe cherry tomatoes as well.  Great night indeed. 

Above is a picture of my bounty tonight ;)  Thank you Lord for blessing us with so many gifts.  I am thankful for all you have entrusted us with.

No comments:

Post a Comment