Monday, July 11, 2011

Chocolate X2

Sometimes a girl really only needs chocolate to make things better.  After a horrible weekend that won't stop, lots of stress and one big potential life-altering problem on my mind, I caved today.  I went into the kitchen and created chocolate comfort.  The comfort looked like this.....



It was as good as it looks, maybe better.  A boxed brownie mix, vanilla ice cream and some homemade chocolate sauce and I was in heaven.  For the few minutes I was stuffing my mouth, I felt better.  Really, I did.  I though I would share a recipe for the chocolate sauce I used in this recipe and for my moms thick, rich, chocolate sauce.  For me, they are both delish and are recipes that should be in everyone's kitchen. 

Chocolate Syrup

3 cups of sugar
1 1/2 cups water
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
2 TBSP light Karo syrup
1 1/2 cups good quality dutch cocoa powder

In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar and water and bring to a boil.  Add rest of ingredients and allow to reduce.  Simple as that!  Keeps in fridge for a couple of weeks.  You may feel the need to strain the mixture after cooking, but if I use a whisk, I don't usually have any lumps.

This recipe if great for making decadent chocolate milk, chocolate gravy, adding into your iced coffee, etc.  Love it!!!

This next recipe is my mommas and it is divine.  Really, it's the best ever.  The end result is thick and fudgy and just wonderful.  Think hot fudge sundae and you have the idea.

4 oz bar of german chocolate
2/3 cup of sugar
1/2 cup butter
5 oz can of pet milk
1/2 tsp of salt

Bring all ingredients to a boil and boil for 4 minutes stirring constantly.  Cool.

I have used this in so many ways...mainly over ice cream, but you can also dip fresh fruit in this, use it on toast, etc. 

Hope you enjoy these recipes soon.  If you are like me, food provides comfort and every gal should have these recipes memorized!  Lol.  I keep these close to my heart as well as a couple of bible verses that are special to me.  Tomorrow, I intend to post a bit on what GOD says about worry, fear and comfort!

No comments:

Post a Comment