Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Asian Green Beans

(Picture taken from blogchef.net)

I apologize for not posting my own glorious pictures of this recipe as y'all know I love to go step-by step, but I am not in a position to grab my camera and upload, so the above pic will have to suffice.  I just love a good Chinese buffet.  Y'all know what I'm talking about!  A good buffet must have 1) Crab Legs, 2)  Broccoli Chicken, 3)  Stuffed Clams and 4)  ASIAN GREEN BEANS!!!  I love green beans prepared this way and have been on a mission to create them at home.  This weekend, I picked up a lovely package of French green beans at Sam's and went to work.  The end result was wonderful.

You will need:
1lb of Haricot Verts (they really are the best, do try to find them!) or fresh green beans
4 or 5 baby Bella mushrooms, roughly chopped
salt and pepper to taste
2-3 TBSP Oyster Sauce
a few dashes of low-sodium soy sauce
2 finely minced cloves of garlic

First, blanch the haricot verts for 1-2 minutes...it will not take long.  Plunge into an ice bath and set aside.  Saute 1-2 tbsp of butter in large saute pan along with garlic and mushrooms.  Take care not to burn garlic.  After mushrooms are cooked, add sauces along with green beans.  Cook over medium heat to warm beans and reduce sauce.  

These are quick and easy and my whole family loved them and couldn't get enough.  Other than the sodium content (and it is crazy high), these little jewels are pretty healthy.  I fixed these alongside pepper steak and rice and egg rolls and my family was very appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment