Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Pineapple Tomato, extraordinairre....

"God Almighty first planted a Garden; and, indeed, it is the purest of human pleasures; it is the greatest refreshment to the spirits of man..." Francis Bacon

Hello friends, I would like to introduce you to my new favorite tomato.  It is an heirloom variety and oh so lovely.  Last year was my first year growing "Pineapples" and I am in love....this is what I had the pleasure of growing and devouring.


Isn't it lovely?  This plant grows very large and produces an abundance of huge fruit.  Below is a picture of the colors inside the tomato.


The fruit is sweet and tangy...everything a good heirloom tomato should be.  Think the coloring of a Mr. Stripey with the taste of a Brandywine.  I am in love....have I already said that?  Sigh...happy gardening, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment