Friday, October 28, 2011

A simple, yet indulgent treat!

I'm gonna clue y'all in on my favorite snack.  It's quick, easy and so good.  You only need three things and about 30 seconds to make this.  Sounding good so far right?  Cinnamon graham crackers, marshmallows and Nutella should be kept in any home at all times.  Seriously.  If you have not tried Nutella, you have not lived and I firmly believe it should be on everyones bucket list.  I'm thinkin' by now you've figured out that I am making a glorified s'more and you would be correct.  I've really never gotten the whole smore fascination.  For one, I do not like Hershey's chocolate--it is mediocre at best and it never seems to to melt quite right, it either seizes or stays semi-hard and melted around the edges only.  Then you have the plain-jane honey graham crackers, to me it's all just so-so.  Part of the lovely experience of camping out, but not something to eat regularly.  One day, I decided to build an "Ina Garten" smore.  You know, to take a standard recipe and take it over the top.  I decided to use cinnamon graham crackers because happen to love the taste of cinnamon and chocolate together.  Next I started thinking about the chocolate and decided to try Nutella....it was an instant success.  I just don't know if it can be improved upon.  So give it a try and tell me what y'all think.  I think you will be making these often :)



Ahh, what a simple cast of characters...gotta love it!



Take a generous amount of Nutella (or in my case the Kroger knockoff with macadamia nut chunks) and schmear it on....



Add your mallows are stick in the microwave for about 15 seconds on high.  You may have to experiment a bit, but make sure you do not overdue the time as the mallow will get hard.  Nobody like hard marshmallows!  You want to take this baby out when the marshmallows start to melt.  You won't have any trouble doing this because you will be standing right in front of the microwave watching in anticipation any way!


And finally, the end result.  Wow!  So good.  Nutella is wonderful and I use it in a lot of different ways.  It is amazing on top of Breyers strawberry ice cream, eaten directly from the spoon when no one is looking and it pretty tasty when schmeared all over your hubby on your anniversary weekend.  Oops, forget that last line!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my heavens, that looks amazing! I adore Nutella, but Bryan and Michaela literally eat it out of the jar and never have any when I want some. Giada has a bunch of Nutella recipes.

    ReplyDelete