Thursday, October 20, 2011

Another Anniversary post :)

Probably will be my last post for a few days as the end of week/weekend will be a bit crazy.  Unfortunately, my babygirl is having a few health issues and will need a bit of surgical intervention asap (prayers are appreciated).  My actual anniversary is on Sunday and we have tentative plans, but I fully expect them to change.  Change is okay....even if we are huddled on the couch watching a movie while nursing a sick babygirl, life is good.  Anyways, few things in my life are as important to me as food, but music is right up there at the top.  When I think about my hubby, several songs are special to me....I'm gonna share them with you!  Again, I'm gonna go with the twelve theme again ;)  Aren't I so imaginative!?!  Lol.

12.  Hold me- Jamie Grace and Toby Mac.  I just love this song and even though it is fairly new, this song makes me think about when my husband and I were dating and were young and carefree.  Take a listen here.

11.  God Gave Me You-Blake Shelton.  First of all, I feel Blake Shelton's music.  He is amazing.  This song makes me think about how my hubby can right almost any bad mood I have.  When I am sick, he comforts me, when I am off course in my faith, he sets me straight.  He is the one I go to when I have a problem and he never lets me down.  listen.

10)  It's Your Love-Tim McGraw and Faith Hill.  This song was played in our wedding and I still love it!  Here's a link for your listening pleasure.

9.  I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing-Aerosmith  This was also a wedding song and I can still picture our pastor tearing up because he had never heard the song before-he loved it!

8.  At Last-Etta James  This song has long been a favorite of mine.  It's just amazing and has such an intimate feel.  Wow.  And no, Beyonce can not do it better, sorry!

7.  Let's get it on-Marvin Gaye  Seriously, who doesn't love this song and think about their love when hearing this?  I'm thinking this needs no explanation, so just take a listen.  Do try to control yourself!

6.  Kiss an Angel Goodmorning- Charlie Pride  Charlie Pride and his silky smooth voice=pure love.  It's a great song and my hubby think he rocks this song out, so he sings it to me often.  It's sweet and I will forever love having it sang to me.  Whether or not he actually sings it well, is our little secret.

5.  Zac Brown Band-Free.  You know, this song means a lot to many different people.  For me, it symbolizes the kind of life we enjoy.  We aren't huge on all things materialistic.  We don't need a lot to get by and are happy with our little family of three.  This is an awesome song.

4.  You and Me Going Fishin' in the Dark-Nitty Gritty Dirt Band  First of all, who doesn't love the NGDB?  This song floats my boat and describes the perfect "date night" for me and my hubby.  Love it!

3.  Love song for a Savior.  Jars of Clay.  So this is not a secular song and doesn't really describe our love, but before hubby and I were officially date (we were very interested!), we attended a Christian concert together with my youth group and were able to see the Jars in concert.  When this song was performed, I felt a stirring in my heart telling me my hubby was to be mine.  It scared me!  It took me a while to talk to him about this and he told me he had felt the same.  A match literally made in heaven.  This is "our" song.

2.  So This is Love-Disney (Cinderella)  "So this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of..."  The song is wooey...is that a word?  This was actually played in our wedding too.  Allow yourself to feel wooey :)

1.   Before introducing number one, it must be said that these are in no particular order at all.  I just added as I had that "OOOOHHH" moment and as they popped into my head.  It's really quite hard to narrow a song list down to 12, but I just did the best I could, dang it!  Anyhoo,  my final pick is Kiss Me, Sixpence None the Richer.  I just love it, it's happy and I love that after 12 years, a kiss from my hubby makes me feel like I'm still 17!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment