Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I'm behind on all my chores, so why not blog?

The title says it all...lol.  My husband has been working oodles of overtime and I have been managing all aspects of our household, going to school full-time, juggling one Dr appointment after another and I just can't seem to get caught up.  My laundry is suffering, my house is horrible and my schoolwork...oh my schoolwork.  It makes me want to cry.  Normally, I am ahead and in good shape, but right now that is not the case.  So, why am I blogging and not working?  This morn I have already taken two tests, completed two discussion board posts and completed a 600 word assignment.  I am due a break! 

I trust everyone had a most wonderful Labor Day holiday.  We had a good time overall.  We made a long trip to visit a cousin in the hospital, went to Mammoth Cave for a tour, caught a play, went to Nashville and went out to eat a couple times.  Last night was the first time all weekend I took time to cook a good meal.  My choice was soup-I know y'all are shocked by that one ;)  Glorious vegetable soup!  Here's my recipe. 


one medium onion, diced
one lb of ground sirloin (quite often I use leftover chuck roast that has been shredded)
1/2 lb sliced carrots
1 cup frozen lima beans
1 cup frozen corn
1 small can petite diced tomatoes
3 beef bouillon cubes
4 cups tomato juice
4 cups water
salt and pepper to taste
1 large can veg-all homestyle cut vegetables

Begin by sauteing onion in a small amount of olive oil.  After onion is translucent, add beef and brown.  Drain any grease that you might have.  Add rest of ingredients and simmer for at least 30 minutes.  This really is so tasty and VERY easy.  I like to simmer for an hour or so and serve with cornbread, sweet tea and apple tart.  This makes 8-10 servings and is even better the next day!  This can also be thickened and turned into Shepherd's pie if you like that kinda thing, I don't but some do!

No comments:

Post a Comment