Saturday, June 25, 2011

Celebrating with my parents: Their 36th anniversary.

My parents are my rock.  Always have been.  Things change, I've matured, they've gotten older and lost some their spunk, but they are still amazing.  Tomorrow, I am having them over for an anniversary dinner.  This party will be low-key as both of my sisters are working (both nurses) and it's been a busy weekend with very little time to prepare for a whole lot.  My menu is going to be simple and delicious, focusing on some local goodies that are in season.  I will be grilling ribeyes (recipe below), making a baked corn dish, grilled vidalia onions, yeast rolls and Iny's prune cake.  Being together means more to my parents than anything else and they were so pleased when I ask them to come over for a low-key night. 

I am grill master in my home and I am going to share with you my tried and true recipe for grilled ribeyes.  Please y'all, don't use anything but a charcoal grill.  They are worth the trouble.....I PROMISE!

4-Ribeyes, I use local angus beef, 1/2" thick
2 cloves of garlic, cut in half
2 splashes of worcehershire sauce on each side of each steak
1/2 tsp bourbon per steak

Rub each steak with garlic on both sides, paying special attention to the fatty areas.  Rub each steak w/bourbon and w-sauce.  Allow to marinate for at least an hour.  Set steaks out at least 30 minutes before grilling.  This helps take the chill of the meat and steaks cook much more evenly.  Finally, season with seasoned salt and pepper before putting on the grill.  Enjoy.

That's it for me tonight, y'all.  This country momma is pooped.  Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment