As I sit here pondering what I will be doing this weekend (my daughter is spending the weekend with her grammy), simple things come to mind. 1) My hubby! Very rarely do we get to spend time together alone. I want nothing more than to snuggle up with him in our cozy bed and nap. My head still feels amazing on his chest...sigh. 2) Good food! We are foodies and because of this and our location, most of our meals are prepared at home. We have to travel a great distance for good food. When our six year old is with us, her picky palette and the need to quick eats, limit us. 3) A good movie. A movie that isn't made for audiences under 10 is a rare treat for us. Unfortunately, all adult movies playing right now are horrid :(
Y'all can probably see that it takes very little to make me happy. Today I was thinking about what I would put on my bucket list, should I make one. My list is surprisingly short!
1) Take a trip with my best friend to Savannah
2) Travel the country in a camper with my hubs and daughter....at a very leisurely pace.
3) Have my own classroom
4) Publish a children's book
5) Attend Le Cordon Bleu
6) Hang out with the Pioneer Woman on her ranch
7) Attend a Barefoot Contessa Party
8) Take a cruise to Alaska
9) Have the courage to enter a "REAL" karaoke contest instead of just winning the hokey ones around here.
10) Never forget the sound and inflections of my loved ones voices after they have passed.
Glancing over my list, most of my desires are attainable...how blessed am I? My bucket list would have been much different last year--it's amazing how GOD has prospered my family and myself this year. I am so blessed and give GOD the glory and the praise for all he has done. We are so undeserving.