Sunday, June 3, 2012

To cut or not to cut?

My hair, that is.  I've always had fairly long hair.  Usually below the shoulders and a lot can be said for the ease of styling long, straight hair.  I do appreciate being able to throw my hair up in a clip or ponytail if need be, but the last year or so, I've realized it's probably not the best look for me anymore.  The cold, hard fact is this:  I am aging.  While I am far from being old at almost 32, I must face the fact that I am a mature woman.  They gray is creeping up on me and my style is changing.  My profession has changed and a mature, responsible hair style is expected.  I'm stubborn and have been resisting--most days my hair goes in a stylish updo with sideswept bangs and quite frankly, I can rock that style. 

The real kicker came this morning while getting ready for church.  My husband was staring at me and he frankly said "I think it's time for you to keep your hair short".  I could have fallen over.  My dear, very southern, traditional hubby has always ask that my hair stay long.  Whenever I have stepped out and went above the shoulders, he never hesitated to express his displeasure.  Y'all, I thought I would be happy when he finally wanted my hair cut, but today.....I feel old!  Lol.  Even though I agree with him, it's quite a change for me.  After all, southern women should always have impeccable heels, nails and hair!  Like any other change in life, I will embrace the change, but now the question of how short to go.  In the next few days, I will post some pics of possible styles and let y'all help me make my decision!   

No comments:

Post a Comment