Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A day of firsts!

This momma cried all the way to school this morning.  Today, everything changes.  Babygirl will ride a school bus for the first time, probably hear language and see things she has never heard before and her daddy will pick her up after work instead of me.  My husband will feed her, help get her ready for bed and help her with homework.  It's always been me....all me.  I've cherished being responsible for every bit of her care and while I realize it is probably a bit unhealthy for me to be so consumed, I have loved every minute of it.  How I wish I could see her proudly navigate her new experiences today.  You see, babygirl was not apprehensive in any way this morning, just me.  Sigh.  It's a sign of the times I suppose, she is growing up and I am too clingy. 

Today I start my new job as well.  Normally, I would be sick with worry, but the job and its responsibilities are the least of my worries.  I feel that GOD gave me this job and I firmly believes he knows what he is doing!  Wherever he leads I'll go!  I'm just keeping a hanky close and trying to go with the flow.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!

    I know that you will do well. I understand your worry over babygirl. It's a necessary worry, but sometimes these things have to occur to make us depend upon Him. When Will went to public school and rode the bus I was so worried! Thankfully nothing happened until middle school and that's just because it's the ghetto. You're a good Momma and that's what matters. I hope you have a wonderful day today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sooo hard to let go! Our children's lives are all consuming and I know we all love it! But believe me, it breaks your heart when they don't need you anymore :( I'm gonna bawl like a big ole baby on the 18th when J goes to Seattle.

    ReplyDelete