Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Meal Planning


Since Monday was Labor Day, I gave myself a free day and most of my meal were eaten out.  Eating out is welcomed once weekly, but more than that is no good for us.  Frankly, we don't have many meal options locally and all have allergies and sensitive tummies.  We do better when meals are prepared at home.  My meal plan this week will be Tuesday -Friday.  Hope y'all can find a bit of inspiration.  Every single night of my week involves a church or sporting activity, so my meals reflect the need for easy prep and clean-up ;)

Tuesday

Sautéed chicken breasts with Adobo seasoning, fat-free refried beans (made yummy and healthy with coconut oil instead of lard and a bit of melted cheese on top), fresh salsa and chips.

Wednesday

Crusty baked potatoes and chef salad

Thursday

Tomato bisque and grilled cheese sandwiches.  During busy weeks I always try to serve soup one day...so easy and can be reheated for lunches as well.

Friday

Friday's menu will a bit larger than normal.  We are having church leadership over for a meeting/meal.I expect 8-10 extra people.

Lasagna, fresh sourdough bread, large Caesar salad, baked potato casserole and fresh apple cake for dessert.  Thankfully, our leaders are our closest friends and I don't have to worry about being fancy.  To be honest, we will probably eat off paper plates!  Sweet tea will be served in red solo if I have anything to say about it :)

Happy eating foodie friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment