Friday, September 27, 2013

Life, continued...

Eep.  I know I promised another post with a picture, but I just haven't gotten it done yet.  We've had some family sickness issues to take care of.  Be patient with me, please :)

So, I was promising to outline my new skin routine, so I will try to do that now.

1.  Drink more water.  If I take into account my prescription meds and weight, I need to drink 100 ozs of water per day.  Rarely do I even get close.  That is ridiculous as I really love drinking water. Instead of tap of water filtered lightly by my fridge, I will be buying purified water.  Our skin needs to be hydrated and it's such a simple step to good health.

2.  Sweat more!  Recently, we bought a treadmill.  I have been working my way up to a reasonable level of fitness before hitting it hard.  I'm at the point where I can run a mile straight.  It's time to up the ante and really break a sweat.  Out body needs helps riding itself of toxins.

3.  Sleep more.  This is tough for me.  I average 4-5 hours of sleep per night.  I am going to aim for 7.  8 is ideal, but unrealistic for me and an unrealistic goal creates stress.  Stress=yucky skin.

4.  Replace harsh beauty products with natural products. 
I went to Target and bought BB toothpaste and facial cleanser.  I will be using organic coconut oil for lotion and conditioner and I recently ordered Tarte cosmetics.  If I am not leaving the home, I will not be wearing make-up.  For this month, I am going to forgo any extra hair products and all nail polish, scrubs etc.  Luckily, fall is here and my toes don't need to be perfect.  I think I will manage (I hope). 

This is my plan in a nutshell.  It is my hope that at the end of the month, my skin will be much improved.  I'll let you all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment