Monday, April 15, 2013

Just Another Manic Monday

Oh. Emmm.  Geeee.  I am finally posting after a ridiculous sabbatical. As I've said in the past, blogging is somewhat therapeutic for me and I need some therapy!  Lol.  On a serious note, depression and anxiety runs in my family on both sides, so I feel like I get a double dose of this illness.  I've really never medicated myself, but I have learned how vital it is to recognize the symptoms of my downward spiral and to take action.  For me, exercise, prayer, music and writing really, really help.  As of late, my typical grumpiness and negativity have returned with a vengeance, so here I sit, forcing myself to make time for something I enjoy.  As busy moms, wives and daughters, we often (always) neglect ourselves, and while are intentions are good, we SUFFER.  This week will be very busy with soccer FOUR nights this week.....ugh.  I work late two nights, have to work in allergy shots and the countless other normal activities.  So, this post will be short and simple ;)

From my window: I see our lovely green grass that my hubby has worked so hard on this Spring. I also see that my windows could use a quick cleaning :)

From my kitchen: Despite two loads of dishes yesterday, my sink runneth over (this is typical for me), otherwise, clean and organized!

I am cooking: Made a big Mexican feast last night and still have some leftovers, but I will stick a huge roast in the oven shortly, and am hoping for at least two meals from this roast.  Will barbeque a portion of it.  Mashed potatoes and green beans will round out tonights meal along with peach cobbler for dessert.

I am reading: Psalm 91 by Peggy Joyce Ruth and the book of Ezekial.

I am listening to:  The sound of a John Deere tractor in the field across from our home. A boom sprayer is attached to the back...not sure what they are spraying, but am thankful the wind isn't up and blowing the spray our way.

I am watching: Just finished up Tyler Perry's "Good Deeds". Very good movie!

I am thinking: How much I miss my family on Monday's and how much I dread going to work tomorrow.

Be blessed! Our weather is going to be fantastic this week and I pray for the same for all my readers :)


No comments:

Post a Comment