Monday, August 13, 2012

On weight loss and menu planning...



As of today, my friends, I have only Seven more lbs. to lose to reach my wedding weight!  Woohoo.  Of course, when hubby and I wed, I had already gained quite a few lbs and lost major muscle tone, but it's still pretty darn huge.  A month or so ago, I mentioned joining a gym.  I have been going to Curves 4 times a week for 30 minutes at a time.  My family and I also try to walk a couple times per week.  Curves has helped me tone up a bit, but is not responsible for the weight loss--diet is.  I've often heard "get fit in the gym, lose weight in the kitchen."  I wholeheartedly agree. 

There are a few things that I always keep on hand and ready to go.  When I diet, I feel borderline unsatisfied at all times, so for me, if I don't have something healthy and ready to munch on when a craving hits....well, I bomb. 

Here's my list of must haves:

1)  Dill pickles-no calories and a pleasant crunch!  These are often my go to when I need a snack.  The only downside is sodium content. 
2)  Good, fresh apples.  Buy the best quality apples you can....from a farmers market of local orchard.  They are great, provide the something sweet we often desire and can be a meal if paired with a bit of peanut butter.
3)  Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning.  My family goes through so much of this and to save money, I started buying the large bottle of mix at Sams Club.  I always keep fresh dip and salad dressing in the fridge.
4)  Pudding and jello mixes- Chocolate pudding made with skim milk will do just fine when a gal needs some chocolate.  While the taste isn't Barefoot Contessa quality, it's still okay.  The same goes for jello mixes.  I often add canned fruit and after the jello is set, I will add a dollop of fat-free cool whip on top and you have an instant dessert.  Again, not gourmet, but when you've gone quite sometime without dessert, this tastes pretty darn good.

Just a few ideas I had.....stay tuned for this weeks meal plan!

1 comment: