Sunday, April 29, 2012

It's been a year...



What a difference a year makes.  One year ago today, I made a huge leap of faith. Despite our pitiful economy, I left my stable, full-time job (one that I had held for 12 years) and quit to spend time with our child and to go back to school on a full-time basis.  Many thought I was crazy and there were times when I wondered about myself.  I was good at my job, I enjoyed my customers.....I just simply had to have a change. 

One year later, I realize I don't even recognize the lady I used to be.  Physically, emotionally, socially....I am so different.  My confidence level has soared and I feel good to be working towards my goal of becoming a teacher.  At my previous job, I never had the opportunity to dress cute.  I had no sense of style...my daily uniform was a green polo, blue jeans and tennis shoes....blech.  Now, as a librarian and education student, must dress business casual.  I love it.  The GAP has become my best friend..lol. 

The Lord has blessed us so much!  Before leaving my previous job, money was always on my mind.  Today, I could care less.  I've found GOD has been multiplying our salaries in amazing ways.  My husband made more last year than we were used to making together and this summer he will be starting an exciting new phase in his career that will require some travel.  My salary is now VERY modest, but our needs are being abundantly met.  Money is no longer a worry.  I have lived firsthand how GOD can take a leap of faith and bless those who are faithful. 

Prov 28:20) A faithful man will abound with blessings, But he who hastens to be rich will not go unpunished.


1 comment: