So....today I have been reflecting. Our weather is dreary and cool, my hubby had to work overtime AGAIN which really wrecked our plans, my house is pretty much a wreck, my homework is at the point that I honestly don't know if I can catch up or not, our next four weekends are hopelessly over scheduled. Normally, I would be dwelling on everything that is WRONG in my life, but what good can possibly come out of this. I've always tended to be a bit negative and I get that honestly. Much effort has been put into being more positive and some days I'm successful and some days I'm not. This morning I decided to take a bit of time every morning and think of 10 things I am thankful for/make me happy. The idea is to start out in a pleasant mood and continue with positive energy for the rest of the day...lol. Sounds easy doesn't it? Today I am thankful for:
1) Easily zipping up the bridesmaids dress I will be wearing in two short weeks!!! Yay!
2) My super comfy bed...memory foam, two velux blankets, a pottery barn quit and numerous pillows are a very good combo!!
3) The crackling sound of my fireplace...cozy!
4) My little shih-tzu who loves me more than anyone else...he is my snuggle buddy!
5) Blueberry tea with a touch of honey for sweetener.
6) Fat-free pina colada yogurt
7) My newly detailed car...I spend huge amounts of time n my vehicle and I love it to be super clean!
8) Having hair that is finally long enough to put in a pony. It's been awhile!
9) Receiving my Dean's List notification in the mail this morn.
10) Only having to wait six more days for The Vow to be in theatres!!!
Looking back at my list...nothing is overly expensive or difficult (well except the Dean's list) and they make me so happy. We truly need to start appreciating each day because life is a vapor. Those that are always building a happy tomorrow may just lose out on the joys of each day.